Guided Meditation: Six essential practices to cultivate love, awareness and wisdom by Jack Kornfield
2 CD Set (2 hours, 15 min)
Learn how to meditate with six practices brought by teacher Jack Kornfield. Offering a foundation that helps you open the way to the deep peace and serenity that meditation brings, Jack Kornfield makes meditation very accesible with clear explanations of concepts and techniques. Practice with him as he takes you through practices such as basic sitting, heart opening techniques, visualization and 'original mind.'
As anyone who has tried it knows, meditation looks simple, but at times it can be difficult. The most potential you can have on your contemplative path is a trusted teacher like Jack Kornfield, who stands out as one of the most helpful and encouraging Western instructors for newcomers to the art of meditation.
With Guided Meditation, this renowned Buddhist teacher brings you six practices that will open the door to the serenity and joy of meditation, and serve as your foundation for years to come.
Offering you precise guidance through every step of these transformational practices, Kornfield introduces you to:
- Basic sitting practice—The essential starting point for nurturing nonjudgmental spaciousness
- The heart-opening techniques of lovingkindness and forgiveness meditation to help you discover liberation from suffering
- A visualization exercise for overcoming difficulties by making direct contact with the voice of your highest wisdom
- The gratitude and joy meditation, which nourishes an innocent rejoicing in life itself
- Mind Like Sky—a practice to enter "original mind," the pure space of awareness that is consciousness itself
Since the time of the Buddha, meditation taught under the guidance of an expert has proven to be the easiest and most effective way to begin. Whether you are just starting out with meditation or have decided to reconnect with the ground of your practice, Jack Kornfield's Guided Meditation provides concise and gentle training of the heart and mind to enjoy the fruits of this centuries-old art.